South Carolina's Thoroughbred Country
We're Way More than Horses
Information, Points of Interest, Accommodations and More!
Come visit Undiscovered South Carolina. Feel the thundering hooves of horses; smell the homemade bread baking; sample the fresh peaches or strawberries; view Civil War and living history; enjoy the songs of birds in our natural areas. We invite you to join us in Thoroughbred Country!
Thoroughbred Country, consisting of Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg and Barnwell Counties, is one of eleven state-appointed tourism regions in South Carolina. The program, sponsored by the Lower Savannah Council of Governments, began in 1980 to help attract visitors to this area of the state. The program is funded by the State of South Carolina through the Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism.
Click here for immediate access to our 2018 Thoroughbred Country Visitor Guide.
- 2018 Peaches and Berries Brochure
- Thoroughbred Country's Annual Events
- The Coca-Cola Art of Jim Harrison
- Thoroughbred Country Video
- Riverside Village Coming to North Augusta, SC
- Black Water Barrels Opens in Bamberg
- Magnolia Shadows Equestrian Resort
- Aiken 2 Escape Game Room
- Take a Look Inside the Carolina Theatre
- Edisto River: Black Water Crown Jewel
- Explore Remote Sections of the Scenic Edisto on a Bamberg County River Trip
- Art Flourishes Among the Thoroughbreds in Thoroughbred Country, SC
- 16 Unique Places to Catch ZZZs in Thoroughbred Country, SC
- Drive Into Family Fun in Thoroughbred Country, SC
- Thoroughbred Country's Cultural Scene Shines in 2018
- South Carolina: 5 restaurants to suit a variety of tastes
- Golf Getaway: Barnwell's Sweetwater Country Club
- This is My South: Rosemary Inn Bed and Breakfast