** Given the rapidly evolving situation surrounding COVID-19, visitors are encouraged to directly contact the hospitality businesses and events promoted within this website to effectively plan your stay and to be aware of any recent schedule changes. Contact us with any questions or travel planning assistance.
For further information, visit: https://www.tbredcountry.org/healthy-travel-information **
South Carolina's Thoroughbred Country
We're Way More than Horses
Information, Points of Interest, Accommodations and More!
Come visit Undiscovered South Carolina. Feel the thundering hooves of horses; smell the homemade bread baking; sample the fresh peaches or strawberries; view Revolutionary War and living history; enjoy the songs of birds in our natural areas. We invite you to join us in Thoroughbred Country!
Thoroughbred Country, consisting of Aiken, Allendale, Bamberg and Barnwell Counties, is one of eleven state-appointed tourism regions in South Carolina. The program, sponsored by the Lower Savannah Council of Governments, began in 1980 to help attract visitors to this area of the state. The program is funded by the State of South Carolina through the Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism.
Click here for immediate access to our Thoroughbred Country Visitor Guide.
- Thoroughbred Country News - January 2021
- Annual Report 2019-2020
- Peaches and Berries Brochure 2020
- Thoroughbred Country presents the 2020 HEY Award
- Thoroughbred Country's Annual Events
- Chef Ambassadors to Return for 2021
- New SRS 'Virtual Tour' Now Available
- MacK's opening in downtown Aiken is the realization of a dream for new restaurant's owner
- Augusta GreenJackets Invited to become Atlanta Braves Affiliate
- Reintroduction of red-cockaded woodpeckers
- Savannah River Site Museum's Virtual Exhibit: 'In My Heart Forever'
- Auggie's Acres Introduced at SRP Park
- Cork and Cap opens for business in downtown Aiken
- Fuse preparing to open in Aiken in The Alley
- La Parisienne honors local equestrian tradition while bringing French cuisine to Aiken
- The Sandwich Shop brings tasty options to Williston
- South Carolina Restaurants Pledge to Palmetto Priority
- The Allendale Rural Arts Team: 'Thank You' Mural
- Racing Hall of Fame and Museum recognized by Official Best of America
- Drive-thru wildlife safari opening soon at Eudora Farms
- Finish Line Tower at Langley Pond
- New Lodging: 419Hayne
- The Coca-Cola Art of Jim Harrison
- Thoroughbred Country South Carolina for History Buffs
- Shop Local in Thoroughbred Country, South Carolina, This Holiday Season
- Thoroughbred Country on Eat Move Make
- Rest and Relax at One of Thoroughbred Country's Many Charming Bed and Breakfasts
- Thoroughbred Country, South Carolina: Great Escape
- Dine Like A Local in Thoroughbred Country
- Outdoor Recreation For The Not So Outdoorsy Person
- 5 Hidden Gems in Thoroughbred Country
- Drive into Adventure in Thoroughbred Country, South Carolina
- Rosemary Inn Bed & Breakfast: Luxury and History in North Augusta, SC
- Malia's in Aiken, South Carolina: Locally-Sourced Deliciousness
- 10 Unique Experiences in Thoroughbred Country, South Carolina
- Southern Charm: South Carolina's Thoroughbred Country Is for Horse Tales and Back Roads Trails
- Explore Remote Sections of the Scenic Edisto on a Bamberg County River Trip
- Get Out - 10 Ways to Embrace the Outdoors in Thoroughbred Country, South Carolina
- Art Flourishes Among the Thoroughbreds
- 16 Unique Places to Catch ZZZs in Thoroughbred Country, SC
- Golf Getaway: Barnwell's Sweetwater Country Club